Wednesday, April 30, 2014

April 2014 Wrap-up/May 2014 TBR

This month was a good month for reading for me. It definitely was better than March when I only read 1 book (to be accurate I read 2 but the other was a short story). So this month I tried to read more and it worked out well.
image
The first book that I read was Shadow by Amanda Sun, it is a novella that comes before the events in her Paper Gods series. I won’t go in depths because I did write and write a review which will be up soon. Basically, while I did love it, it didn’t blow my mind. I love how it seemed different, taking place in Japan, but it didn’t blow me. I gave it 4/5 stars on Goodreads, but the actual rating for me is 3.5 stars. I still plan on reading the series, so I haven’t given up on it at all thanks to the novella.
image
Next, I read Delirium by Lauren Oliver. I read this book since I participated in a pick-it-for-me challenge and my person chose Delirium. I will be putting up a full review on this soon, but overall I loved this book. Reading how this world was and how love was seen as a disease was very interesting to me and I loved it a lot. I gave the book 4.5/5 stars,and I originally rated it as 5/5 stars on Goodreads, but after pondering it I gave it 4/5 stars. I will definitely be reading Pandemonium, the sequel, but it won’t be for a while.
image
Next, I finally finished If I Stay by Gayle Forman. I did put up a review on this book as soon as I finished it, so I’ll just link it here for you reading pleasure. I don’t know if I would even finish this book if it wasn’t for the trailer. The trailer was just so good (I might even write a trailer talk on it), and it compelled me to finish the book. I gave it 4.5/5 stars for an actual rating and on Goodreads I gave it the full 5/5 stars.
image
The last book that I finished in April was Clockwork Prince (review to be added soon) by Cassandra Clare, the second book in the Infernal Devices series. Oh my god. This was probably my favorite book reading this month (If I Stay is pretty close). This was so much better than Clockwork Angel, and I also just loved falling back into the Shadowhunter world in preparation for COHF, god I can’t believe I’ve already started my ‘Preparation for COHF’ countdown (which is reading this book and Clockwork Princess and COFA and COLS). Both in my terms and on Goodreads I gave it 5/5 stars. It was just soooooooooooooo good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So keeping with the Cassandra Clare theme, I'll be reading (well I'm actually reading it now):

 Clockwork Princess, the last book in the Infernal Devices trilogy. I am currently about 60 pages in, which is really good for me since I read those in the past two days at home and not at school (which I read the most). I will most likely be putting up a review on this, but I think that unlike the previous two reviews I wrote for this series, I will not be writing a spoiler-free review on it. I might, but the amount of cross-outs will probably be massive in that review. I will also most likely be putting up a full series review once I finish this. Or I will be jumping into City of Fallen Angels once I finish the review for CP2.
Probably the day after I finish CP2, I will pick this up because I think my emotions will need the rest of the day off once I finish with it. This should only take me a week to read COFA since this is the shortest book of Cassandra Clare's (only at 425 pages). After that I will obviously be reading

 City of Lost Souls. Random fact: I actually have a due date for me finish this book (and all of Cassie's books I mentioned in the TBR). The day is May 25th, or two days before COHF. It will give me time to prepare for the end. If I finish COLS the day before COHF is released, then I won't be mentally prepared for the last book (well at least I think that).

I should put COHF in the TBR, but since it is coming out at the very end of the month, I will not be including it. It will be in my June TBR and it will give me more time to read it (but I'll probably be finishing it within 2 weeks, 1 1/2 tops).

I also plan to finish
Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout. This one should be finished in about a week since I am only about a hundred pages from finishing this. I am loving this book so so sooooo much. Normally, I wouldn't pick up a book about aliens, but I literally heard nothing but good things about this book so I decided to finally read it. And I am loving every minute of it (I have never felt so addicted to something in my entire life).
After that I was think about picking up Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead, but then I had this sudden urge to read this one book and I caved in and am currently borrowing it from the library and it is:
Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor. I don't know why I got the urge to read this, but it might have been because I heard so much about this book and Dreams of Gods & Monsters and I could not restrain myself from reading this. So I started it, and oh my god, I love it with a love that is more than a love. That is true and I am probably going to finish it really soon. I don't know but I love it so much that I might finish it probably by next week, I don't know. But I can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment