Friday, May 2, 2014

Cress by Marissa Meyer (Review)


 Series: Lunar Chronicles #3
Genre: Fantasy
Book Length: 550 pages
Publication Date: February 4th, 2014
Publisher: Feiwel and Friends
Format: Hardcover
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Synopsis:
In this third book in the Lunar Chronicles, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, now with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.

Their best hope lies with Cress, a girl imprisoned on a satellite since childhood who's only ever had her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker. Unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.

When a daring rescue of Cress goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing prevent her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only hope the world has.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Originally from Goodreads
The blank spaces contain spoilers that can only be read by highlighting them with your mouse.
Cress by Marissa Meyer is literally one of the highest rated books I have seen on Goodreads, and let me tell you that Cress deserves it. Cress is a fantastic sequel in the Lunar Chronicle series. It has so much action, information, and it is just so fun, that it makes Cinder and Scarlet seem small in comparison.

This book had so much action in it that I when I think that I caught up, bam! something insane happens and I didn't even want to think about putting the book down. Even though it toke me like 3 weeks to read this I do have a legit reason for that..., I loved this book so so much.

The character development was amazing, we learned so much about Throne and Cress and Dr. Erland, and the other characters were just amazing and I loved them so much. From Cinder realizing how she sees how she is acting like Levana to Kai learning more about Cinder and liking her a little more, the development was just fantastic! Even the (unfortunate) development of Wolf was just awesome! And we even learn a little bit about Winter (and her insanity) at the end.

The only downside I wish we could see more from Scarlet's POV and maybe Wolf's because of what happened between them, I would have like to see their reactions more and thoughts in the situation they were in.

I gave this book 5/5 stars in the end. This book and this series is so so so good that it is one of my favorite series of all time, and it's even in my top three. I am so excited for Winter, and I am also scared because I don't know who will die and live and I don't want some characters to die. I guess I will just sit here and die waiting for this last book to be released...

No comments:

Post a Comment