Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Top Ten Books On My Summer TBR list

Wow, it's so crazy that it's already (or almost) summer. This summer, I (obviously) am planning on reading a lot of books. I actually made a longer post (click here for said post) about my summer tbr, but I want to change it a little bit because of my mood for summer-y type reads. The version I will be doing is the same as the people at The Broke and the Bookish (also the creators of this meme) where there are three different categories. Let's get this started.

Sequels I need:
1. Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas

I feel kind of wrong adding this to my list when I haven't even officially started the series, I've only read The Assassin and the Empire which was a novella.  But I know that I'm going to read the first two books in this series before this one, I want to at least get this one on the launch day because I already love this series, and I know I will love it.

2. Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout

I've only read Obsidian, the first book in the series, but I absolutely LOVED it, so I'm thinking I'm going to marathon the rest of the series at the end of July/beginning of August before this book's release.

Series I need to start and/or finish:
(btw, if there is more than one for a certain series then I'm only counting it as one)

3.Unravel Me + Ignite Me by Taherah Mafi
I really, really want to finish this series since it's already complete and also because I really enjoyed Shatter Me. Don't know when I'm going to get around to finishing this, but I am excited to get back to it.

4. Maximum Ride: Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports by James Patterson
*cough*nottheactualcoveriown*cough*
This is technically NOT the conclusion to the Maximum Ride series, but it is the end of the first series in the eight book saga. I want to at least read this before I get to the rest of the series, which won't be for a while.

5. Pandemonium + Requiem by Lauren Oliver
There isn't much of an explanation. I read Delirium back in April and I really enjoyed it and I want to finish the series. I am a little apprehension going to Requiem, but I am still excited/ready to finish this series.

6. The Selection + the Elite + the One by Kiera Cass
This series is complete, the books aren't that long, and I want to read and complete a series like that. I don't know if I will be able to because as we all know this series is VERY popular, and if you didn't know that...I don't know where you've been.

Standalones I hope to get to:

7. Everything Leads to You by Nina Lacour
This one really, really intrigues me and I am actually hoping on getting to it really really soon because I love the plot and idea so much! I especially love how the main character is into the production design for film, and I absolutely LOVE film and how it is done and the process and just film in general. This also sounds like the type of contemporary book I will love.

8. Paper Towns by John Green
 I read The Fault in Our Stars last fall and I absolutely loved it, and I want to read more from John Green and this sounds like that perfect summer read. It also has a mystery/road trip vibe from the summery and that sounds so fun and I am excited to get to it.

9. My Life Next Door + What I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick

My Life Next Door may or may not have a sequel coming... Huntley Fitzpatrick has happy-go-lucky contemporaries that sound so cute and I want to read at least these books since I know I won't go into the contemporary swing I wanted to go into. -sigh- At least I hope to read these books.

10.  Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
The plot of this sounds so awesome and cute and I really want to read this book. I also feel like I need to read a Morgan Matson series soon or at least this year, so I am excited to read this.

What books are on YOUR Summer TBR list?

3 comments:

  1. Ooh great list! Heir of Fire and Opposition are at the top of my list as well :D

    Check my list out here

    Rachel @A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rach! I would have some more newer releases but I haven't started a lot of the series that have another book being released this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely need to get my hands on Since You've Been Gone! I now want to make a summer tbr list too!!

    ReplyDelete