Wednesday, September 24, 2014

One Year of Booktube/Booktube Shout-outs

omg i'm actually putting a post up what is this madness?
Even though I don't have a booktube account, I have been watching the videos from the community for nearly a year. I don't even know what this is. It is so so crazy that it has been almost a year since I started watching videos centered around books.

So, you might be wondering as to how I did stumble across this world, this little part of youtube? Well, it was about a year ago when I wanted to watch movie reviews on the Mortal Instruments City of Bones movie because I am curious to what other people's thoughts were on the movie.

And then I saw the review by Kat from Katytastic.

I did, for the most part, agree on her thoughts and opinions and I overall liked to video, sure maybe I wasn't used to a whole lot of energy in videos and might have thought she was a bit weird, but I enjoyed it. So I checked out some of her other videos and I watched a few more and I really enjoyed them and her September Book Haul went up and I watched that and I subscribed after the video (or during I can't remember).

When the next month rolled around, I was subscribed to a few more booktubers, like Catriona from Little Book Owl, Christine from PolandBananasBooks, Ariel Bissett, jessethereader, and countless others that I am still subscribed to about a year later.

And I grew and changed as a person and a reader over the last year. I have become a little more extroverted (I'm inbetween), I have been reading a lot more (not now because school has consumed my time and made me a little too lazy), and I know pretty much of single book ever; more of young adult books but some adult. I have grown my love for certain books and series and I have read, over this past year, some of my favorite books of all time.

 And a year after I watched the one idea that changed my life, I will give shout-outs to the five booktubers (in my opinion) that have changed my life and have had a big impact on me.
Disclaimer: 
1. All except for the last one are in no particular order. 
2. Every single booktuber I have seen and am subscribed to have influenced me and if I don't put them on the list I might put it on another post like this.
3. I also might be really bad at explanations for these shout-outs because I'm bad at that and I"m sorry.

Christine (PolandBananasBooks): God, you are just an amazing person. You make some fantastic videos, your booktalks are amazing and you always seem to have a bunch of energy and it makes me excited to watch your videos. And also you have pretty much convinced me to read the PJO series because I haven't read that yet. Let's just move along.

Catriona (Little Book Owl): You make some awesome videos and are a fantastic person and you also are like the best at read-a-thons, it convinces me to try and read more (even though it's bad nowadays). You also have introduced me to some awesome books/books I really want to read.

Sasha: (ABookUtopia): Oh my god, you are awesome Sasha. You have great videos and every time I watch your videos it makes me happy. You also have made me like science fiction books a lot even though I am not the biggest fan of the genre.

 Jesse (jessethereader): God Jesse, you are one of the funniest people I have ever watched on the youtubes. You make such quality videos and they are hilarious (I have gotten to the point where I'm pretty much just like "are you even real?") and you have convinced me that I need to read the Miss Peregrine's books.

Lastly, I have Kat (Katytastic): Kat, Kat, Kat, you ruined my life pretty much.
Ever since I clicked on your Mortal Instruments City of Bones movie review one year ago, I have enjoyed and watched an loved every single one of your videos you have posted since then. I swear every single time that a video comes from my subscription feed, that is the first video I watch out of however many new videos were posted. You are just overall an awesome, fantastic person and I literally can not describe how much I love you and your videos Kat. Thanks for bringing me those videos for a year.

So, thanks for reading this, I am terribly sorry I have been dead on here, but I will (probably tomorrow) be putting up a new post about changes to my reading/blogging habits. So, until next time bye!

Booktubers mentioned:
Katytastic
Little Book Owl
PolandBananasBooks
Ariel Bissett
jessethereader
ABookUtopia

No comments:

Post a Comment