Wednesday, October 1, 2014

September Wrap-up/October TBRish



-silence- It did not work out at all this month guys...I mean, I do have the excuse that I was getting back into the swing of school and lack of free time, but I was just being lazy and watching YouTube videos instead. I mean, this probably also contributes to the fact I was in a reading slump in August and I didn't want to read a whole lot and I was letting myself do that. I mean, I still am kinda of in the slump, but I am kind of getting out of it.
Anyway, let's talk about the single book I finished in the month!

And said book was:
The Iron Trial by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare

I did read and review just around the end of last month, so you can click on the title above the cover to check out my review on it. But I really enjoyed it overall, I did have some minor issues with it but it was still a solid first book so I gave it a full 4/5 stars.

And that was all I completed in the month, but I obviously did read some more.










I have about 120 pages of:
Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas

I did start reading it, but then school started back up and I have it on hold right now until I am in the mood to pick it up again, but I am hoping to finish it by the end of the year or month if I am feeling motivated, but it will probably not happen.












I also did start reading about 40 pages of Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan. Obviously in a horrible attempt to read the rest of the series since Blood of Olympus comes out in only a few days, but the reason I don't have the cover up is because I will just be reading it whenever I feel like it, so like with COM, I am hoping to finish it by the end of the year.

------------------------------------

So, my October TBR, I only have a few books I know I will be reading for a fact this month, or will at least start. So, let's start out with a book I started a week ago and will be finishing within the next week, and it is:

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

The reason I am reading this is because my brain, and life it seems like, is making me want to read this so desperately I will die if I don't. And it's because I feel like in my life I am suddenly hearing everything about this book. So I'm reading it, I'm about 80 pages into it right now and oh my god I'm loving it so much now and I am super excited to read the rest of it. And also, I love love to play video games and so this book feels kinda like heaven for that part of me and it makes me love the book even more.








Now, onto the actual TBR.

First, is The Young Elites by Marie Lu
Do I really need to explain? Marie Lu was the author of one of my favorite dystopian series, the Legend trilogy, and I love her style and will pretty much buy anything she publishes. There is a synopsis for this book, but I will not be putting it up here because all I really know about this is that it is (most likely) a mix of Assassin's Creed and Game of Thrones and that appeals to me. This is realeased on October 7th, and I will of course be reading it as soon as I get it.









I also plan on reading, and this will happen for a solid hard fact: Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken
 If you have known me for a while, you should know that I absolutely LOVED the Darkest Minds and that it was one of my favorite reads of last year, and the last book in the series comes out really soon, so I need to read this to read the next book on my TBR:
 In the Afterlight by Alexandra Bracken

Which is, sadly, the third and final book in the Darkest Minds trilogy (and I just noticed the titles of the previous books above "In the Afterlight"). I will most likely not be finishing this by the end of the month because it comes out on the 28th, but I will be reading it as soon as I finish Never Fade.












Lastly, I have a book that I will probably read because Halloween is coming and that I am kind of in the mood to check it out from my library, and it is The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepard
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sixteen-year-old Juliet Moreau has built a life for herself in London—working as a maid, attending church on Sundays, and trying not to think about the scandal that ruined her life. After all, no one ever proved the rumors about her father's gruesome experiments. But when she learns he is alive and continuing his work on a remote tropical island, she is determined to find out if the accusations are true.

Accompanied by her father's handsome young assistant, Montgomery, and an enigmatic castaway, Edward—both of whom she is deeply drawn to—Juliet travels to the island, only to discover the depths of her father's madness: He has experimented on animals so that they resemble, speak, and behave as humans. And worse, one of the creatures has turned violent and is killing the island's inhabitants. Torn between horror and scientific curiosity, Juliet knows she must end her father's dangerous experiments and escape her jungle prison before it's too late. Yet as the island falls into chaos, she discovers the extent of her father's genius—and madness—in her own blood.

Inspired by H. G. Wells's classic The Island of Dr. Moreau, The Madman's Daughter is a dark and breathless Gothic thriller about the secrets we'll do anything to know and the truths we'll go to any lengths to protect.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I will be (hopefully) picking this up once I finish with Ready Player One, which will probably be in a week or two, so look out for me reading this. 

What books did you read in September? What do you hope to read in October? 

No comments:

Post a Comment