Sunday, May 18, 2014

Mortal Instruments Monday; Week 3: Favorite TMI books in Order

Wow, it feels so insane that the book is coming out in only a week. One week. God, the end is coming closer and closer, it feels so weird that we are so close to the end. In preparation for the release of this final book, I came up with Mortal Instruments Monday. Every Monday, a new Mortal Instruments post will come up, and there is a topic that will be discussed for that Monday (or if you are unavailable, you can do it whenever you want in the week). This week, we are talking about our favorite TMI books from least favorite to our absolute favorites, and there has to be a little explanation for why it is in that position. It can be a long description or just a single sentence. I'm sure most of you have already read all 5 of the current books, but I'm still in the process of reading the rest of the TMI series -hides under a rock-.
Anyway, if you are in the same boat I am in, you can give your favorite of how many TMI books you have currently read and apply them to this. So, let's get this started.



4. City of Ashes; 4.5/5 stars
The second book in the series is my least favorite in the Mortal Instruments series as far as I have read. Now, let me just start by saying this isn't a bad book by any means. In fact, I gave it a 4.5/5 stars ! But it still is my least favorite. And it is because I found it to be slow for the first half of the book. There is still a lot that goes on, but it is still slow because there are a lot of relationship problems in this book, in my opinion. The relationships seem awkward and just awkward. Overall, I do still love this book, but the first half is just really boring.

3. City of Fallen Angels; 4.5/5 stars
Now, I was really really tempted to place this book at the number four place, but because I did like this book a little more and it was the start of the second half of the series, I am putting this at number 3. Sure, there is a lot of set-up in this book, it does make sense since it is the beginning of the second half of the series. I also loved how we saw the characters changed and developed seven weeks after the end of City of Glass. I'm not going to talk about this book too much because I recently put up my review on this book, which you can check out by clicking the title of the book

2. City of Bones; 5/5 stars
Yes, the book that started it all is my second favorite book in the series. How could it not? I talk about how I ran into this book in the first Mortal Instruments Monday, which you check out right here. This book introduced me to my favorite fictional world of all time, got me into reading, and it has changed my life in numerous ways. It may not be the best book ever, but it does mean a lot to me on the personal aspect.


1. City of Glass; 10 million/5 stars
Don't act surprised. If you have read this book, it is probably you're favorite in the series. It is most peoples/fans favorite, aside from City of Lost Souls which I am currently reading. But, this book is just so grand and epic and awesome and amazing and a fantastic end to the first half of the series. If you don't want to commit yourself to the soon-to-be-six-book-series-in-only-one-week, which I would be surprised if you don't want to read the second half, then don't worry. This book ends the main plot of the first half of the series, but it does leave a little bit of a cliffhanger for the second half of this series

So, that ends this week's topic for TMI Monday. If you want to do this, feel free to do it! I'll see you in a week for the last (official) Mortal Instruments Monday topic. That is, if you have read this entire series...yep, i have to add the cliffhanger

No comments:

Post a Comment