Thursday, May 8, 2014

Top 8 favorite Series!


I feel like writing a recommendation post, but since I am having some troubles with that, I came up with this idea for a duology of recommendations. Basically, I will have two different posts up for today and tomorrow, today I am compiling my top 8 favorite series that I absolutely love. Btw, this is in no particular order except for the first and third series (you'll understand when you read this).

1. The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare
I don't think I really should be mentioning this series in my favorites or in any recs. You should have already read at least the first book by now, and if you haven't, you're going to most likely be spoiled for the last book when it's released in three weeks unless you are really careful on the interwebs. This is just a fantastic series and this world is one of my favorite, if not my absolute favorite, fiction worlds ever. This world is just so massive and there is so much in this that it is...I don't even know how Cassie was able to do it. Cassie's other series is also another one of my favorites is:

2. The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare

 
The Infernal Devices trilogy. This takes place in the same fantastical world as the Mortal Instruments series and even though I am still on Clockwork Princess, this series is so amazing and awesome and I love it a whole lot. Also, my husband Jem Carstairs is in this series, so as long as you don't claim him as yours, I strongly recommend you read this series if you haven't yet.

3. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer

 
If you have not heard of this series in the book-blogging world, I don't know where you have been. Basically, all the books in this series are fairytale retellings, but I personally like to call them re-imaginations cause they all don't follow the fairytale that we know. First book is called Cinder and it's-obviously-a re-imagination of Cinderella, the second book is called Scarlet and is a re-imagination of Little Red Riding Hood, and the third book (which is displayed above) is a re-imagination of Rapunzel. The fourth book is coming out next February, it's called Winter and is a re-imagination of Snow White, and I need this book like now even though I will die. This is my second favorite series of all time, right under the Shadowhunter Chronicles by Cassandra Clare (aka Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices).

4. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken


I absolutely LOVE this book. This was one of the last books I read last year and I just fell in so much love with it! I strongly recommend that you at least give this book a try. I'm not asking you to read this whole series, but at least read this because you will probably love it. Some people have said that it's boring, but I did not find it boring at all! If I'm going to be honest, The Darkest Minds is my favorite book of all time. But at this point in my life, I still have to read HP and the Book Thief.

5. The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins
You should not be surprised that Hunger Games made the list, how could it not? If you have not heard of this series, where have you been in the last three, four years? If you haven't at least seen the first movie, you need to asap my friend. This series is fantastic, and it was actually my introduction to Young Adult books. I actually do have a Hunger Games review on my goodreads, and it is a goodreads exclusive (at this point, I might add the review on this blog but I don't know when) so you can check my review out on the goodreads if you want to read it. This series is just so good, the sequel, Catching Fire, is even better than the first, and Mockingjay...well if I reread it I might just put a review of my opinions on this blog.

6. Legend trilogy by Marie Lu
 I think like a lot of people, I read Legend right after Allegiant. Even though the day after I finished Allegiant, the Shadowhunter's Codex came out and I read part of it and I wanted to read City of Ashes so I did that, I still read Legend, and I loved it. It's so fast-paced and action packed and what I would called a political dystopian, and I LOVED it. I read the two sequels at the beginning of the year, and I absolutely loved them both. If I had to pick between Legend, Hunger Games, and Divergent, I would probably pick the Legend trilogy because I loved every single book in this series and there wasn't a single book that I rated below a 4 stars.

7. Divergent by Veronica Roth
 I read this book, the first one, about a year ago and I absolutely loved it! There was constant action, and from day one I knew that I would LOVE this book. And I was right. Even though, in my opinion, the rest of the series goes downhill, I still love this series and I will definitely be rereading at least Divergent in the future.

8. Hourglass by Myra McEntire
 Ok, maybe I am just putting this series here for filler, but in all honesty, I ABSOLUTELY loved Hourglass. I loved the paranormal aspect of this, it's basically Doctor Who in young adult literature and it's just so good! I may be reading the second book, Timepiece, relatively soon, but I don't know. Overall, I just LOVED this book when I first read it, and it quickly became one of my favorites of the year so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment