Sunday, June 1, 2014

City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare (SPOILER-FREE REVIEW)


 Series: Mortal Instruments #6
Genre: Fantasy
Book Length: 725 pages
Publication Date: May 27th, 2014
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry
Format: Hardcover
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Synopsis:
ΕRCHOMAI, SEBASTIAN HAD SAID.

I am coming.

Darkness has descended on the Shadowhunter world. Chaos and destruction overwhelm the Nephilim as Clary, Jace, Simon, and their friends band together to fight the greatest evil they have ever faced: Clary’s own brother. Sebastian Morgenstern is on the move, systematically turning Shadowhunter against Shadowhunter. Bearing the Infernal Cup, he transforms Shadowhunters into creatures of nightmare, tearing apart families and lovers as the ranks of his Endarkened army swell. Nothing in this world can defeat Sebastian—but if they journey to the realm of demons, they just might have a chance…
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
 Ok, so I'm assuming that all of you reading this know how excited I was for the release of this book. I was so excited, that I had a COHF countdown meme (which you check out all the posts here), where every week there was a new topic and you would post something for that. When I finally got this book, I was so happy and excited and I started to read it immediately. I got about halfway through the book before I read through the rest of it on Saturday. The question is: Was it a satisfying end to a series?

Yes. Yes it was. I would say that this is so much more satisfying than the CP2 ending. Everything just flows together so nicely and beautifully in this final book. If you have any worries that there will be holes and you won't be happy, don't worry. Everything has an ending and there is a clear conclusion to everyone and everything in the series.

The things that happened in this book. It was so insane and crazy and I love this book so much. From the battles in this final book to where the gang goes to, we go and see so many crazy things happen in this -British accent- MASSIVE book.

There may be a couple of moments where it is kind of slow, but overall there is something that is always going on in this book, on every page. Whether there is action or character's talking to each other, there is something that is always happening.

I think that is all I can really say without spoiling the book, just go pick up this book because everything flows together and the series definitively ends on a satisfying note. I am definitely saying that this book is my favorite in the series, and because of that I give City of Heavenly Fire 5/5 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment