Friday, August 29, 2014

August Wrap-up/September Releases I am Excited For

This month was not very good for reading at all. I basically took the second half of the month off from reading because my brain was just not in the mood for it. But I am glad I did because after reading a lot last month, I think I kind of deserved this break. So, let's start this.

The first book I finished this month was:
Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout
 This is the second book in the Lux series and I really enjoyed this one. Not as much as Obsidian, but it was a solid sequel. There were some things that I just did not see coming at all in this and I can't wait to see how they move on in the following books. I gave this book 5 stars, but my actual rating would be 4.75/5 stars because of a certain character *COUGH*BLAKE*COUGH* that really annoyed me.

Then, on basically a whim, I read
A Monster Calls  by Patrick Ness

 15798673
 This book, was fantastic. This was, by far, my favorite book I read this month. I don't want to say too much, but this was just a beautiful phenomenal story that you need to read like now. It isn't that long so you should be able to read this in like a day. If you want more in-depth thoughts, check out my review of this. Obviously 5/5 stars.

And, aside from a book I read for school, that is all I read for the month.

HOWEVER, by the end of it I will be finishing with:
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
If not, then I will be finishing it before I get Heir of Fire. I am ready to do a full on marathoning for this series, I have Crown of Midnight all ready for me to read and I will get Heir of Fire the day it is coming out.

So, I am not doing a TBR because I will feel pressured to read all of them. So, I am going to do a weird thing for my TBR thing. It will be similar to how Kat from Katytastic does her TBRs for the month, and show you some releases I am excited for, but they will all be different for each month. It might be three or five or one per month.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, here are the three releases I am excited to be released. (click the title above the cover to go to the goodreads page)
First off, big surprise,
Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas
This is the third book in the Throne of Glass series, so I don't want to look at the synopsis or leave it for you all to see. So, if you have read up to Crown of Midnight or you don't care about spoilers, feel free to check it out. I haven't even finished the first book and I have all of my trust in this series already, and I can't wait to start this after reading Crown of Midnight.

Next, I can't wait for:
 

From two bestselling superstars, a dazzling and magical middle-grade collaboration centering on the students of the Magisterium, an academy for those with a propensity toward magic. In this first book, a new student comes to the Magisterium against his will -- is it because he is destined to be a powerful magician, or is the truth more twisted than that? It's a journey that will thrill you, surprise you, and make you wonder about the clear-cut distinction usually made between good and evil.

This is the first book in a five book middle-grade series that Cassandra Clare are writing together, and I am super excited for it. I will definitely be reading this the second I get it. I mean, I will write anything Cassandra Clare writes, but I also want to read something by Holly Black because I haven't yet.

And the last one I can't wait for (that I will not be getting) is:
 This is the second book in the 5th Wave series, so I won't give a synopsis for this, but all I know is that it's about aliens and everyone has read this except me. I have heard nothing but good things about this series, and I don't think I will read the first one until sometime next year (at least before the first trailer is leaked). I at least own it, so that's something.

So those were the new releases I am excited that are being released and I end this post with two questions for you:

What books did you read in August?
And what books are you excited about being released in September?





No comments:

Post a Comment