Sunday, October 26, 2014

Bookish Resolutions and Blog Updates

I know, it's surprising that I am actually posting something on my blog since I have been on a hiatus for like a million years. I have many reasons for this. Mainly because school has consumed all of my time so that I can't really put any posts up, but I have had many occasions and chances to write and put at least one post up on my blog so I have excuse for those times.

But, I have recently been thinking that I need to make some important changes to my reading and blogging life.

1. (For my blog) At least to the end of the year, I want to at least have one post up at least once a week. This is so I don't feel guilty about how inactive I have been on my blog and to make up for being so inactive. I don't know how it will go for next year, but I'll see how this goes.

Now for my Bookish resolutions.

2. Finish at least one book by the end of the week. I mean, there will be times when I finish a book during the week, but during the weekend (unless something is going on) I don't have an excuse and I need to read. If I manage to do it from this week to the end of the year I will at least reach my reading challenge.

And even though it's the end of October/beginning of November, I already have my 2015 reading goals in mind.

3. Start reading only books I own. I recently went into a book-buying frenzy and bought a bunch of books and I feel like I need to read them. There is only one except and those are books I need to read for school that I don't own.

4. (This is really stretching it though) I want to read 60 books in 2015. There are a bunch of books that I really want to read that I should read and I should spend more of my free time reading than playing Minecraft. And I do have some goals for this goal.
                  1. Read at least 5 Standalones. I haven't read that many standalones, and I really need to, and these are the ones I plan on reading:
                       *Looking for Alaska by John Green
                       *Paper Towns by John Green
                       *Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
                       *The Disenchantments by Nina Lacour
                       *The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton
                  2. Start and finish at least 5 series. There are a lot of Series I want to start and hopefully finish by the end of 2015. A lot of them I feel like I need to read them and others I want to read badly.
                       *The Assassin's Curse duology by Cassandra Rose Clarke (Assassin's Curse & Pirate's Wish)
                       *Just One Day duology by Gayle Forman (Just One Day, Just One Year, Just One Night)
                       *The Fifth Wave by Rick Yancey (The 5th Wave, The Infinite Sea & Book 3)
                       *Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead (VA, FB, SK, BP, SB, & LS)
                       *Anna and the French Kiss Companions by Stephanie Perkins (Anna, (finish) Lola & Isla)

                  3. Finish at least 10 series. This is the one that's under the least control. I have finish only 5 series and I want to say that I've finish more than that. So, here are the 10 I hope to finish by the end of next year:

                       *Delirium trilogy by Lauren Oliver (Pandemonium & Reqiuem)
                       *Hourglass trilogy by Myra McEntire (Timepiece & Infinityglass)
                       *If I Stay Duology by Gayle Forman (Where She Went)
                       *The Madman's Daughter series by Megan Shepard (Her Dark Curiosity & A Cold Legacy)
                       *Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Opal, Origin, & Opposition)
                       *Syrena Legacy by Anna Banks (Of Neptune)
                       *Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer (Fairest & Winter)
                       * Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi (~Unravel Me, Fracture Me & Ignite Me)
                       *The Giver Quartet by Lois Lowry (Gathering Blue, The Messenger & The Son)
                       *The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel (Magician, Sorceress, Necromancer, Warlock & Enchantress)
Take note that I might complete some of these books or series by the end of the year depending on my situation. But, I hope you enjoyed this post and until next time, keep on reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment