Friday, November 28, 2014

The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (Review)

Series: Mara Dyer #2
Genre: Paranormal
Book Length: 528 pages
Publication Date: October 23rd, 2012
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Format: Hardcover 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Synopsis:
Mara Dyer once believed she could run from her past.
She can’t.

She used to think her problems were all in her head.
They aren’t.

She couldn’t imagine that after everything she’s been through, the boy she loves would still be keeping secrets.
She’s wrong.

In this gripping sequel to The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, the truth evolves and choices prove deadly. What will become of Mara Dyer next?
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  Wow. This was a crazy one. Especially if it's part of the Mara Dyer series and is the second installment. Basically, throughout the entire novel my emotions were like this:
I laughed a lot in this book, god bless you Noah, I had lots of feels, I wanted to cry a lot in this book, it was like a roller coaster of emotions, especially in the latter half of the book.
The character development was fantastically done, I especially loved Noah and Mara's since we really saw them grow and change. And speaking of Noah and Mara...
But I just love and adore their relationship. Since I read Unbecoming back in March/April, my recollection on that book is vague but I don't remember Noah loving Mara as much as he did in Evolution. But oh my god Noah was so sweet and they gained a solid spot on my OTP list.

Another thing I loved about the book was how we learned a lot more about Mara. Because of spoilers, I won't go into detail about them but I will say that I did not expect it at all.

Now, for those of you who have read this book, I want to quickly discuss the ending.
I couldn't contain myself. I got all of the feels while reading those last couple of chapters. Experiments?! Noah's dead?! I will say that I am happy I am reading this with Retribution in my possession because I would have died if I read it not knowing when the hell the last book would be released. I will be reading the last one soon and hopefully powering through it.

So, I would give the Evolution of Mara Dyer a full 5/5 stars from me. It was a fantastic sequel with great character and relationship development and we learned so much and that ending kill so I need to pick up Retribution like right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment