Friday, November 7, 2014

Through the Woods by Emily Carroll (Review)

Series: Standalone
18659623Genre: Horror, Graphic novel
Book Length: 308 pages
  Publication Date: July 15th, 2014 (Original Publication: July 1st, 2014)
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry
Format: Paperback
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Synopsis:
'It came from the woods. Most strange things do.'

Five mysterious, spine-tingling stories follow journeys into (and out of?) the eerie abyss.

These chilling tales spring from the macabre imagination of acclaimed and award-winning comic creator Emily Carroll.

Come take a walk in the woods and see what awaits you there...
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Naturally, a week after Halloween is over, I read this creepy graphic novel that should have been perfect for the scary time of year. But, I was just oddly in the mood to read this. So I read it and I want to write a quick review on this.
 
This is not a consistent story with one plot. It is five different stories that are really creepy and they scared me (although, to be fair I am easy to scare). Because they are really short, I will not tell you about any of the stories, but I will tell you that out of the five stories the fourth one is my personal favorite.
 
Also, I have to praise the artwork in this book. It is absolutely gorgeous. Each story has a distinctive art style to it and it was vibrant and full of lots of life.

So overall, I loved Through the Woods. All of the stories were creepy and beautiful and if you love scary/horror graphic novels (or even if you are brand new to them) this is a great book to read. You can read this in one sitting and you can easily fly through it. This book is an easy 5/5 stars from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment