Sunday, November 2, 2014

Unfinished Series/Series I Will Not Complete

This was inspired by two videos made by Catorina from Little Book Owl, her unfinished series video (click here to watch it) and the series she will not finish video (click here to watch it) and it made me curious as to how many unfinished series I have. I have about 31 unfinished series. Let's just get this started.



I will first start with the Series that are Completed/Incompleted that I will not Finish

1. The Last Survivors series (or Life As We Knew It) by Susan Beth Pfeffer. I read the first book (Life As We Knew It) a little over a year ago and while I enjoyed it, the story was just overall depressing so I don't have any push to finish the series. (Read: Life As We Knew It; Unread: The Dead and the Gone, This World We Live In & The Shade of the Moon)

2. The Gone series by Michael Grant. Basically, I wasn't a huge fan of the first book so I have no desire to continue reading the series, although I do think a lot of people will like it so if you are interested, go ahead and pick it up. (Read: Gone; Unread: Hunger, Lies Plague, Fear, Light)

3. The Matched trilogy by Ally Condie. Same situation as with Gone. And I also have heard the series really goes downhill after Book 1 so I would rather read books I really want to instead of pushing through series I don't like. (Read: Matched; Unread: Crossed, Reached)

4. The Missing Series by Margaret Peterson Haddix. I read the first book, Found, a million years ago and I know I enjoyed it but I can remember nothing from it. And also there are a lot of books in this series so I am just not interested in it anymore. (Read: Found; Unread: Sent, Sabotaged, Torn, Caught, Risked, Revealed, & Redeemed)

5. The Books of Umber Series by P.W. Catanese. Again, same situation as with Found. I read it a long time ago and I can't remember like anything from the first book. And I also am not super invested in the series anymore. HOWEVER,  I might pick up the second book, but I doubt it so I'm going to say I won't finish it. (Read: Happenstance Found; Unread: Dragon Games, The End of Time).

6. Diary of a Wimpy Kid series by Jeff Kiney. I really enjoyed these books when I was in elementary school, but after the seventh book I just lost complete interest in the series. Also, I literally have no idea when this series will end and I don't want to infest on a super long series anymore. (Read; Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Rodrick Rules, The Last Straw, Dog Days, The Ugly Truth, Cabin Fever, The Third Wheel; Unread: Hard Luck, The Long Haul)

Here are a couple of series I am uncertain but I think I will continue

7. The Maximum Ride series by James Patterson. I know I will at least read the first three in the series, or the original trilogy, but I am uncertain about the rest of the series. Especially since I think it will be a case where there will just be too many books that I can't keep up anymore. (Read: The Angel Experiment, School's Out-Forever; Unread: Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports, The Final Warning, Max, Fang, Angel, Nevermore, Maximum Ride-Forever)

8. The Dork Diaries series by Rachel Renee Russel. This is kind of in the same boat as the Wimpy Kid series, but I find these to be guilty-pleasure reads and just fun for me. But now, I am becoming a little unsure. (Read: Tales from a Not-So-Fabulous Life, Not-So-Popular Party Girl, Not-So-Talented Pop Star, Not-So-Graceful Ice Princess, Not-So-Smart Miss Know-It-All, Not-So-Happy Heartbreaker, Not-So-Glam TV Star; Unread: Not-So-Happily Ever After, #9)

Now, here are the Series I Have Not Finished that are Completed, I will also be including books I am currently reading

9. Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling (Read: Sorcerer's Stone, Chamber of Secrets, Prisoner of Azkaban; Unread: Goblet of Fire, Order of the Phoenix, Half-Blood Prince, Deathly Hallows)
10. Lux series by Jennifer L Armentrout (Read: Obsidian, Onyx; Unread: Opal, Origin, Opposition)
11. If I Stay duology by Gayle Forman (Read: If I Stay; Unread: Where She Went)
12. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi (Read: Shatter Me, Destroy Me; Currently Reading: Unravel Me; Unread: Fracture Me, Ignite Me)
13. Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev (Read: Eyes Like Stars; Unread: Perchance to Dream, So Silver Bright)
14. Hourglass by Myra McEntire (Read: Hourglass; Unread: Timepiece, Infinityglass)
15. The Vampire Hunter's Daughter series by Jennifer Malone Wright (Read: Part 1; Unread: Part 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
16. Delirium by Lauren Oliver (Read: Delirium; Unread: Pandemonium, Requiem)
17. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken (Read: The Darkest Minds; Currently Reading Never Fade; Unread: In Time, Sparks Rise, In the Afterlight)
18. Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel by Michael Scott (Read: the Alchemyst; Unread: Magician, Sorceress, Necromancer, Warlock, Enchantress)
19. Syrena Legacy by Anna Banks (Read: Of Poseidon, Of Triton; Unread: Of Neptune)
20. Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan (Read: The Lost Hero, Son of Neptune; Currently reading: Mark of Athena Unread: House of Hades, Blood of Olympus)
21. Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan (Read: The Red Pyramid; Unread: Throne of Fire, Serpent's Shadow)
22. The Giver quartet by Lois Lowry (Read: The Giver; Unread: Gathering Blue, The Messenger, the Son)
23. Boston Jane by Jennifer L. Holm (Read: Boston Jane; Unread: Wilderness Days, The Claim)
24. Nightshade by Andrea Creamer (Currently reading: Nightshade; Unread: Wolfsbane, Bloodrose)




Next, these are the Series that are Currently Incomplete that this Moment:
25. Mara Dyer trilogy by Michelle Hodkin (Read: Unbecoming; Unread: Evolution, Retribution)
26. Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas (Read: Assassin and the Empire, Throne of Glass; Currently Reading: Crown of Midnight; Unread: Assassin's Blade, Heir of Fire #4-6)
27. Paper Gods by Amanda Sun (Read: Shadow; Unread: Ink, Rain, Storm)


Lastly, here are the Series that are Not Finished That I am Caught Up On:
28. Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer (Read: Cinder, Scarlet, Cress; Unread: Fairest, Winter)
29. Selection series by Kiera Cass (Read: Selection, Elite, One, Unread: Selection Stories, More Selection Stories, The Heir, #5)
30. Magisterium by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare (Read #1; Unread #2-5)
31. The Young Elites by Marie Lu (Currently Reading #1; Unread #2-3)

And there you have it. Those are all of the unfinished series I have. I hope I am not the only one who has this problem, and feel free to tell me how many unfinished series that you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment