Sunday, December 28, 2014

2014 in Reading!/2015 Challenges/Goals!

Wow, it's hard to believe it's almost 2015! And it's the time of year for reflection and setting goals and challenges for the following year. I am doing that as well. Especially towards the reading because I would love to spend more of my time reading.
For those of you who are waiting for my top books of the year to come out, that should be coming later in the week, either on New Years Eve or Day if I am not lazy.
Sorry for this intro that is short, but let's looks back on my 2014 reading year and my goals for 2015.

So, my 2014 reading year was a good one. I set myself a goal to read 50 books and I have reached it, at this point I have finished 51 books and I hope to complete one more before 2015 rolls around. I am proud of that, however I personally wanted to spend more time reading instead of slacking off. So in 2015, I want to make it more of a priority of reading. So my goal is to read 60 books in the year, and I think I can make it. Since I have seemed to crawl out of my reading slump I have been in, I kind of am tempted to read a lot more books in 2015, but if I manage to read 60 I will up my number.

As for some other challenges, I am attempting the series challenge to start/finish some series I need to start/finish. And my goal is to try and finish a series a month, so 12 series to complete. And the 12 series I want to complete are these series:

1. The Darkest Minds series by Alexandra Bracken
2. The Mara Dyer series by Michelle Hodkin
3. The Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi
4. The Delirium Trilogy by Lauren Oliver
5. The If I Stay duology by Gayle Forman
6. The Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout
7. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
8. The Assassin's Curse duology by Cassandra Rose Clarke (I am currently reading the first book so I'm counting it in this)

 9. The Madman's Daughter series by Megan Shepard
I will also be including a few series I hope to start and finish

10. The Daughter of Smoke & Bone series by Laini Taylor
11. The Between the Devil and the Deep Blue duology by April Genevieve Tucholke
12. The Ruby Red trilogy by Kerstin Gier

Also take note that these are tentative and might change, whether my moods/tastes change or some of these series might have more books or releases might be pushed back, and I have some other series I can finish instead since I do have some other options.

Next, I have a couple of personal goals for my reading goal in 2015.

The first one is to read at least 5 standalones in 2015. And these are the five that I hope to get to:

1. Paper Towns by John Green: This one will be a must read for me. Not only because this will be the first John Green I've picked up since I read TFIOS back in late 2013; but because the Paper Towns movie is supposed to come out in June I believe, so I don't have an excuse I have to read this book.
2. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick: It's a shame I haven't read a Huntley Fitzpatrick book, especially since I own both of her published books; I NEED to read one of her books ASAP.

3. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell: I read Eleanor & Park earlier in 2014, and I absolutely LOVED it; and I have Fangirl and I know I'm going to love it but I haven't read it yet. 2015 will be the year.

4. The Disenchantments by Nina Lacour: I read Everything Leads to You by the same author in 2014 as well and it became one of my favorite books of all time, it was just so good! This book which follows a band and a road trip and that's all I need to know about this book.

5. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys: A historical? Well yes, because I want to try to read some more historical this year and this one looks like one I can fly through and the chapters are short which means I can probably get through it faster.


And my last goal (which kind of contradicts my goal to finish series) is to start some series. At least five series, and the series are right here:

1. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead: Just...just I am like the only human who hasn't read this book. I need to do that this year.

2. Shadow & Bone by Leigh Bardugo: I think this is one I'm going to like, and I think I might get to this book in 2015.

3. Unearthly by Cynthia Hand: I have heard countless things about this series and all I have heard is that this book and series is fantastic and I want to start it.

4. Splintered by A. G. Howard: I love Alice in Wonderland and I also have the sequel that I can pick up if I want to.

5. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey: I especially want to get to this in 2015, hopefully in the first few months because of the movie coming out in 2016.

So, those are my reading challenges for 2015. I am really excited for next year for my reading! And I think that I can achieve all of my goals this year. What goals do you have for 2015?

4 comments:

  1. Nice picks!! I see lots of great books in there, enjoy :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow great job! I didn't meet my goal this year, but no worries there's always next year! You picked some fantastic books for this year, hope you liked them as much as I did!

    ~ Saloni http://myfantabulousbookshelf.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a whole lot Saloni! I wish for you the same for your own reading goals/challenges for 2015! :)

      Delete