Sunday, January 4, 2015

I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson (Review)

20820994Series: Standalone
Genre: Contemporary
Book Length: 371 pages
Publication Date: September 16th, 2014
Publisher: Dial
Format: Hardcover
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Synopsis:
A brilliant, luminous story of first love, family, loss, and betrayal for fans of John Green, David Levithan, and Rainbow Rowell

Jude and her twin brother, Noah, are incredibly close. At thirteen, isolated Noah draws constantly and is falling in love with the charismatic boy next door, while daredevil Jude cliff-dives and wears red-red lipstick and does the talking for both of them. But three years later, Jude and Noah are barely speaking. Something has happened to wreck the twins in different and dramatic ways . . . until Jude meets a cocky, broken, beautiful boy, as well as someone else—an even more unpredictable new force in her life. The early years are Noah's story to tell. The later years are Jude's. What the twins don't realize is that they each have only half the story, and if they could just find their way back to one another, they’d have a chance to remake their world.

This radiant novel from the acclaimed, award-winning author of The Sky Is Everywhere will leave you breathless and teary and laughing—often all at once.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
 Wow. Just wow. I picked the perfect first book to read in 2015, the perfect way to start off this year. If I had to describe this book in just one word, I would say: beautiful.

For my first review of the year, I actually don't want to say too much because it would take the story away if I do.

The main thing I want to point out in this review is that this story goes so much deeper than I thought going into it. So much, and like I just said I don't want to say too much because it will take the story away from you if I do. Basically, all I will say is that it has a lot to do with family and love and loss and it's just so beautiful.

Basically, after I finished this book, I was like:









The writing was just like this book, it was so beautiful. Like, I can't even describe how it is. It's one where you have to read it and experience, feel how beautiful it is. And I can't lie and say I'm not even a little jealous. Jandy Nelson is so talented and I have to read her other novel, The Sky is Everywhere, sometime later this year.

And that's all I am going to say because I feel like I told you everything you need to know before going into the book. It is just a beautiful story about love and family and loss and has beautifully crafted prose and you should read it eventually in your life. I am giving I'll Give You the Sun 5/5 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment