I was tagged to do this by the lovely Rachel @A Perfection Called Books, and it sounds really interesting and fun to do, so let's do this!
2. Rick Riordan (7) - Okay, this one might be pushing it because I haven't read (I don't even own) the Percy Jackson series (or read a Rick Riordan book in like two years) but I do own some of his books and I do intend on buying the upcoming Norse mythology series he's working on
(i can't wait to see how he potrays loki). I own what has been currently published of the Heroes of Olympus series, and I will be getting Blood of Olympus as soon as I can, and I also have the Kane Chronicles trilogy. I have read the first book in the Kane Chronicles and the first two books in the Heroes of Olympus series.
3. Jennifer L. Armentrout (6) - She is such a fantastic writer. I unfortunately don't own all of her books (LOOKING AT YOU COVENANT SERIES); but I do own most of her published YA books. I have all five books in her Lux series and I have read the first two and am currently reading book 3. I also own the first book in the Dark Elements series, White Hot Kiss.
4. Veronica Roth (4) -
omg I own all 4 books of her published book and her latest on was titled four Unlike some people, I did not lose all of my faith in Veronica Roth after Allegiant. I don't own when she'll publish another series (heck we don't even know if she will write another one), but I will buy any and all of her books. I own every book all of her books; the entire Divergent trilogy and Four, which is like a prequel, and I have read all of them.
5. Marissa Meyer (3) - I absolutely love Marissa Meyer. I didn't really expect to love the Lunar Chronicles because space and robots aren't' really my thing, but the books are just so fantastic, and even though I am still very annoyed and upset at Winter being pushed back, I can't wait for Fairest and Winter coming next year. I own every book she has published thus far, which is only the first three books in the Lunar Chronicles series.
Like I said at the very beginning, I don't own more or a lot of some authors books that I do consider auto-buy. So, here are four other authors that I do consider auto-buy:
6. Marie Lu (3) - The Legend trilogy by her was just fantastic, it is probably my favorite out of the three most popular action-oriented dystopians (Hunger Games, Divergent, Legend). The characters are just amazing, the world is fascinating, and it is just and awesome series. I own all the books in the Legend series and I will pick up The Young Elites when I get Blood of Olympus, which translates to as soon as I can.
7. Rainbow Rowell (2) - I absolutely loved Eleanor & Park when I read it earlier this year, and I do have Fangirl and I am hoping to read it next month. I don't have Attachments or Landline (I actually want the UK cover because the American edition is so freaking tall that I hate it doesn't match my other books by her), but I will get them as soon as I can. I own Eleanor & Park and Fangirl.
8. Sarah J. Maas (2) - I shouldn't consider her an auto-buy author. I mean, I haven't even finished Throne of Glass and Heir of Fire is coming out in like two weeks. BUT, I absolutely love what I have read of Throne of Glass and this series is one of the only series (the other one that comes to mind is Daughter of Smoke & Bone) where I to-read ever book in the series where I normally to-read the first one and put the rest of the books in the sequels shelf; and I know that Sarah J. Maas won't let me down. I own Throne of Glass and I recently got Crown of Midnight, so I am ready to marathon the books.
9. Alexandra Bracken (1) - It is so so so sad that I only own the first book in the Darkest Minds series, the Darkest Minds, but I guarantee you I will get Never Fade and In the Afterlight this fall. I own The Darkest Minds and read it last year, it was one of the last books I read last year, and I LOVED it it was just so good and I can't wait to read the rest of her books.
If you are interested in this tag, I tag you to do this. See you next time!