Saturday, May 10, 2014

Favorite Books of All Time

I know. After 3 days of extricating waiting, I have finally put up part 2 of my 'Favorite' duology. Part one will be linked right here and it was my favorite series. Now in this final part, we will compile my favorite books of all time. They could fall into this list for various reasons. Whether it had a huge personal impact on me, or if I just fell in love with everything about this story, these books do all have a significance meaning to me.

Disclaimer: Almost all of these books are the first books in a series. It does not automatically mean that book is the best in the series, but I am including the first since either because it introduced me to the fantastic world or it is the best in the series.

8. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
 This book, was literally unlike anything I've ever read. I don't read too many horror/scary books, or experience many of those overall, so it was weird getting out of my comfort zone with this. But I absolutely loved it. I feel like it's one of those books that everyone should at least try out. Like you are when you are reading this book, you will constantly be like 'Is this real or not?' since the narrator experiences hallucinations and you never know what she is going through is real or if it's not. It may not be the book for you, but it personally was the book for me and I loved it so much.

7. Cinder by Marissa Meyer

  Ok, the rest of the series gets WAY better than the first book, but this book did begin the start of a beautiful relationship with me and this series. This book, and series overall, has a wonderful blend of science-fiction, dystopian, and fairytale retellingness. If you haven't read, or even heard of the Lunar Chronicles, then you are missing out my friend and you need to get this series like now.

6. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
 Yes, the Hunger Games made the list. This is not my personal favorite in the trilogy, but this was a fantastic start to a phenomenal series. I don't think I need to even mention it because everyone has at least seen the movies, and if you haven't, then drop everything and wait Hunger Games right now. This world is so deep and it reflects something that really could happen in the distant future. The characters are so strong and it is just a great series overall.

5. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
 Come on, are you surprised TFIOS made this list? You should heard all of the praise about book all the way from 2012, to now with the movie coming out really soon, and this story deserves it. It is a such a beautiful story about love and how short life can be. This story may not be the one for you to read before the movie, but if you at least see the movie, you will most likely understand how this is such a beautiful love story about two teens with cancer and I love it so much.

Now, we are getting into the books that do have a huge/important impact on me, so if I get a little wordy or my reasons for loving these books are too long, I apologize in advance.


4. If I Stay by Gayle Forman
 Unfortunately I can't display the cover because the picture is being stubborn and will only stay in the center of the post even though I want it to align to the left, so I'm really sorry that you can't see the cover.
But aside from uploading cover problems, this book is truly something special. It may not be my favorite book ever, but this book taught me to cherish and love those that are in your life, because in literally a matter of seconds, you could lose them all. I strongly recommend that you read this book, or at least see the movie that's coming out in August.


3. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
 *sigh* Again, can't display the cover because well everything is being stubborn, aka the same thing that happened above^ with If I Stay.
So, again, aside from the picture and blogger being stubborn, this book was just a fantastic and amazing read. I talk about this in depth with how I discovered the series, and you can check that out right here. But this first book and series changed my life in numerous ways.

2. Divergent by Veronica Roth
 
-Finally, a picture that will do what I ask for it to do!-
This book, was amazing and fantastic and all the positive adjectives. It was literally, the perfect first novel. The amazing writing, the constant action, the badass characters, and just everything in this book was awesome. If you haven't heard of this book or series, at least watch the movie right now. Because the movie is a faithful adaption to the book. Even though I don't like the rest of this series as much as this first book, I will forever and always remember how much I loved this book.

1. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken

Dear god. This book. While this may not have blown my brain like City of Bones did, this book was just phenomenal in every way I can think of. Is the world dark, yet there is some lightness sprinkled throughout this book? Yes. Are the characters either loveable or annoying (in a good way)? Yes. Is the writing good? No. It's not good. It's amazing! Like I said in my review/thoughts on my goodreads, words can not describe how much I love this story. Really, words can not. The most I can probably do is suggest for you to read this and experience the book and fall in love with it. It may not be the book for you, but at least give it a try. You probably won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment