Saturday, May 31, 2014

May 2014 Wrap-Up June 2014 TBR

For May, I actually had a good reading month. I mean, I did read a couple of shorter books but I still had a good month. Let's not drag this out, so let's just start this wrap up!

The first book I read was
Destroy Me by Taherah Mafi
I read this the same day I bought it, which was interesting. But I loved this so so so much. I did write a review on it, so click on the title of the book above the title to review. Basically, I loved it a whole lot, I gave it 5/5 stars on goodreads, but my actual rating is 4.5 stars. If you have read Shatter Me, this is a novella you need to read asap.

Next, I finished
Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
After reading this for a month (while I was waiting to get this book after 3 months), I finished it and Oh My God, I love this so much. I mentioned in my review that I am not a huge fan of high science fiction, like aliens or space, but I loved this so so SO MUCH. If you want to see my review on this book, click the title above the cover to see it. I gave it the full 5/5 stars, both on my blog and goodreads. I recommend this to everyone to read, especially those who are die-hard science fiction lovers.

Next, I read, well finished,

 I started it at the end of last month and I finished it near the middle of the month. Dear god. This was one of the most satisfying, if not the most satisfying, end to a series I have read. Everything just flows together so nicely and it is a fantastic end to a fantastic trilogy. Another thing that immediately comes to my mind after reading this book is that this was the first book to make me cry. I am an emo when it comes to actually reading books, but there was a scene (and I mentioned it in my review which you check out by clicking on the title) that made me shed a few tears. I gave this the full 5/5 stars, but Clockwork Prince is still my personal favorite.

The next book I read was
City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

I started this while I was in the middle of Clockwork Princess, but I did finish this book in less than a week (when I wasn't reading CP2). I did do a review on it, so click on the title to check it out. I gave it 4.5/5 stars, but my goodreads rating was 4/5 stars. It was a great start to the second half of the series and I just loved it overall.

Inbetween COFA and COLS, I read
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
I LOVE the story of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and this was the only version I have not experienced, so I picked it up. Another reason I did was because I needed something a little more little and childish because if you look above I was reading a lot of fantasy, dystopian, and more-serious books. I loved reading this, I gave it a full 4/5 stars, and you check out my review by clicking on the title.

The last book I completed was
City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare
 I loved this so much. It was SOOOOO much better than City of Fallen Angels, and again I did do a review on this so click at the title to check it out. I gave it a full 5/5 stars, it was just soooo good.

So what books am I coming into June reading?

The first one is:
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare

As I am typing this, I just read this book for 6 hours, and I getting so so close to finishing this, I have only about 130 pages left so I'm going to be finishing this on the first day of June for a fact, so expect a spoiler-free and a spoiler review coming really soon to this blog.

The last one is:
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
I am about 200 pages in this book, and I probably will be reading this book early in the month, but probably not as soon as I finish City of Heavenly Fire.



Now, what is my official TBR for the month?

For most of this month I don't have a solid TBR, but I definitely want to read in June.

The first one is one I have been planning to read for a long time and start it as soon as I finish COHF, and it is
Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
I have had this book for a few months and I decided, and assumed, I would be in a slump after I finish COHF, and I want to get into a contemporary kick after COHF because, and this is a complete shock, I don't read too much contemporary and I read a whole fantasy books.

Near the end of the month I have two books I want to read, and they are
Onyx
 
And
Opal both by Jennifer L. Armentrout

 As I have learned from binge-reading the Shadowhunter chronicles, if I read more than 2 books in a series in a row I will want a break from the series. So I  want to read the second and third books at the end of the month and read the rest of the the books at the end of July/beginning of August.

What did you read in May, and what do you plan on reading in June?

No comments:

Post a Comment