Thursday, July 31, 2014

July Wrap-up/August TBR


Wow, July is over. That is so crazy! Anyway, it's that time of the month again, it's time for the wrap-up/tbr! So, Let's get started.

The first book I finished in July was one that I started at the end of June, and it was:
The Selection by Kiera Cass
http://shadowhunters-library.blogspot.com/2014/07/the-selection-by-kiera-cass-review.html
This is the first book in a dystopian romance series, I'd be surprised if you haven't heard of this series yet. But in a way, it's like the Bachelor meets the Hunger Games, but it's more of a dystopian Bachelor. It follows a girl named America Singer who is entered into the Selection, but she doesn't want the crown; but she -surprise, surprise- starts to fall for Prince Maxon. I really enjoyed this book, and I gave it a 4/5 stars, click the link above the cover to go to my review on it.
And next, I naturally read:
The Elite by Kiera Cass
http://shadowhunters-library.blogspot.com/2014/07/the-elite-by-kiera-cass-review.html
The sequel to The Selection, won't go into the plot much because it is a sequel, but if you want to know more about it, click on the title above the cover to my review. This was my least favorite book in the series, it's just America is so frustrating and she did something at the end of the book and I just lost it. And her being super annoying and frustrating made me rate this book a 2.5/5 stars.

Next, I needed to finish this because I had to return it to the library, but it made me sooooo sad because I LOVED this book too much. And that book is:
Everything Leads to You by Nina Lacour
http://shadowhunters-library.blogspot.com/2014/07/everything-leads-to-you-by-nina-lacour.html
Oh my god, this book. I don't know how I can describe my love for this book. Basically, this follows Emi and her brother lends her his apartment for the summer, but he says she has to do something epic with it. That's all I'm going to say, but if you want to hear more about my thoughts on it, click the link above the cover to check it out. But, I will say if you love films, you will LOVE this. I obviously gave this a full 5/5 stars.

Next, I read a book that I was going to read no matter what. And that is:
Four: A Divergent Collection by Veronica Roth
I actually don't have a review of this because it is a collection of stories and I don't want to do a separate review on each novella. This is basically four novellas from Four's POV and the first three take place before the first installment and the last one is in the middle of Divergent. I loved this and I think I gave all of these a 4.5 or a 4/5 stars, but altogether I gave it a 5/5 stars. I have to say if you are considering reading this series, if you haven't already, I recommend reading the main trilogy first and THEN this even though it essentially is the prequel.

And then Booktube-a-Thon came. Long story short, I failed it. And by that, I mean it feels like everyone read more than I did, but I am still proud of how much I read. If you want a wrap-up on my page count and all that stuff, like right here to go see it.

First, I read:
Of Poseidon by Anna Banks
 
I don't have a seperate review for this, but if I finish the series in August (which probably won't happen) I will do a series review on this. But I probably will do a review for this because I don't think I can finish Of Neptune at this point because I have too may books to read.
Anyway, this follows a girl named Emma and she literally runs into this guy named Galen (seriously, how do you say his name? Is it said like Gal-lon, or Gaw-len?) and he is this Syrena prince (Syrena are basically mermaids). Anyway, I really enjoyed this book, it definitely was a summery read since it was light and fun. But, it isn't perfect. My main problem with this is that Emma's POV is in first and Galen's is in third. I did not like that at all, and whenever I write my seperate review on it, I will discuss why. But, I gave this book a 4/5 stars.

Next, I went off my TBR a little bit and read:
We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
I will only say a couple of things about this book. I think that it is worth reading, but if you decide to read this, here's my advice before picking it up: Do not remember the hype at all. If you do it will probably kill the book for you. I used that and I really enjoyed it. I do have a review on this book, but do not read the review unless you have read this book or else you will be spoiled. I gave it a 4.5/5 stars. That is all I will say.

And then Booktube-a-Thon ended, and the day after it ended, I naturally finish:
 Of Triton by Anna Banks
Which is the sequel to Of Poseidon, so I won't say a plot at all. But I loved this book, probably more than Of Poseidon. I'm going off topic for a second, but I think a reason as to why I don't feel SUPER bad for possibly putting Of Neptune down, is that this book resolves the main problem from Book 1, BUT in the future I will pick up and read Of Neptune when I feel like it. Anyways, I gave this book a 4.5/5 stars.

The last book I finished was:
The One by Kiera Cass
http://shadowhunters-library.blogspot.com/2014/07/the-one-by-kiera-cass-review.html
This is the third and final book in the Selection series, will not say anything about the plot since it would spoil the first two, but I loved this book. It was a satisfying conclusion to the series and it was my personal favorite in the series, so I gave it a 4.5/5 stars.

And that's it guys. Those are all the books I read. Now onto the TBR.

Like the last couple of months, I have some books I know I am going to read, but I want to leave some room for other books.

I have two goals for this month: marathon series I need to marathon, and read contempories.

First, marathoning series. I have three series I want to marathon, and I am currently at least part way through them.

My main one is to marathon the remaining four books in the Luxen series by Jennifer L. Armentrout with


I am currently over a third of the way through Onyx, and I will by marathoning the rest of them, especially since Opposition is coming out this month, in like four days actually (i'm not ready. no literally I am not). My reading for these will be slow (i'll try to read them as fast as I can guys), so DO NOT SPOIL ME FOR OPPOSITION, at least until I finish it, and we can then discuss spoilers.

I also plan on, on and off throughout the month, to finally, FINALLY marathon the first two books in the Throne of Glass series, because I really want Heir of Fire. So I will be reading:
I am currently about a fourth of the way through Throne of Glass, so I will be reading it inbetween the Luxen series. And, for those of you who have read these books, if you want to know a fun fact, I accidentally spoiled myself for a little bit of Crown of Midnight  because I looked at the last page. Just lovely. But I am still excited for this.

And this last series is another completion that I am buddy reading with someone so I will ALSO be reading this inbetween the Luxen series, and it is the remanidering two books in the Shatter Me trilogy by Tahereh Mafi, so I will be completing the books with:

 and IGNITE ME, I unfortunately can't put both covers of the books up because Blogger won't let me do that. I am excited, and have been meaning to finish this series, so now is the perfect time.

And my read contemporary goal, I will just try to be reading all of the contemporaries mostly for the second half of the month because I really want to read some more contemporaries. If you have one you think I should read this month (that isn't Stephanie Perkins because I'm not getting Isla and the Happily Ever After for reasons) or you think I should review, please leave it in the comments below.

What have you read in July and what do you plan on reading in August?

No comments:

Post a Comment