Sunday, July 6, 2014

June Wrap-Up/July TBR

 -naturally I do this six days after June is over-
So, June. I read/finished five books this month, but don't be too impressed at that because A) the time I took inbetween reading them; and B) three of them were Harry Potter, but nonetheless, let's get started

So the first book, in my book I'm counting this as a May read but I technically finished it in June, like the first day, but it is:
 City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
This is the sixth and final book in the epic saga of the Mortal Instruments series, but you should already know that.
I did both a spoiler and a spoiler-free review on this book, so you click on either 'spoiler' or 'spoiler-free' to go those review, but I obviously gave this book a full 5/5 stars; it was an epic conclusion to the series and this is my favorite Cassandra Clare book to date.

And then for eighteen straight days, I completed a grand total of zero books. As much as I don't want to admit it, I was in book hangover thanks to City of Heavenly Fire. I will be in honest, in the middle of all of that, I was SUPER busy and didn't have a whole lot of time, but still I should have finished something.

But I broke that eigthteen day streak by finally FINALLY reading:
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by oh come on you should know who wrote freaking Harry Potter

I swear, I feel like the only person in the world who hasn't read Harry Potter until that I finished this book. I didn't write a review on this because you should already know it's fantastic, but I will write a mini-review of this.

When I was young, like three-four years old, I saw, and admittedly grew up with, the first two Harry Potter movies. I knew that someday I had to at least read these books one of these days, and I finally did  that. And I loved it.
I feel like I don't need to say this, but the world of Harry Potter is so magical (no pun intended) and I want to live in Hogwarts, and I feel like I can now finally say that because I've read at least one of the books.
If you have not read this book, you need to ASAP because it is a classic, and a children's classic that will forever have a legacy in the world of literature for many generations to come.

So, I obviously gave this book the full 5/5 stars, I mean it's Harry Potter how could I not give it that rating?

Later that evening, because I was feeling ambitious, I finally finished
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
This book. Oh my god, it was so good. It was my first Rainbow Rowell book and I know for a fact this will not be the only one. I did a full review on it so I will not go into details, but click the book title above the cover to go to the review.

The following day, I read and finished
Harry Potter and the Chamber of secrets by -sigh- you need the author's name? do you really?
Like with Sorcerer's Stone, I will write another mini-review on this one.

Out of the first two Harry Potter stories that I grew up with, this was the one that I loved more. Partially because I just preferred the movie, perfect amount of action and so much humor, and I saw the movie like a billion times like Finding Nemo, so I naturally grew to love Chamber of Secrets.
And I will say that out of the first two books, I love this more because I just loved this story and how it flows and just everything but this installment of the Harry Potter series.
This is still, and probably will forever be, one of my favorite stories of the Harry Potter saga.

Full 5/5 stars, just a fantastic and wonderful read.

And the final book that I read in June was, of course,
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azakban by do you really need her name? it's by J.K. Rowling

One final mini-review for this since I did the same for the other books in this series.

This was the first book in which I didn't know the whole story going into it. I knew bits and pieces, but that was pretty much.
But I loved this. This might be my current favorite installment in the series. I just love everything about this; the story itself, Sirius Black, how everything had a darker feel, the time-turner/the part where Hermione is a freaking time lord, and also all the little details of this.
Just, I seriously need to pick up Goblet of Fire, but I think I am intimidated by it because it's the size of City of Heavenly Fire, but I am still excited to get to reading it.

Obviously, 5/5 stars for this book.

~~~~
So, what is my TBR for the month?

I have one that is written down, but I won't say all of the books because I don't wnat to get ahead of myself, but I will say the ones I know/have high hopes I will get to this month.

First, the Selection trilogy.

I randomly read the Selection at the end of last month and finished it earlier this month, but I will go into it in my TBR. My review on it is up right now though so you can check it out if you want to. I am currently halfway through the Elite and I'm hoping to finish it either tonight or tomorrow (most likely tomorrow), and I am hoping I will get to read the One sometime this month because I'm borrowing it from my library. I will do separate reviews for each one of these books, but I am planning on doing a full series review once I finish all of them.

I am also hoping, well I need to and I am going to, finish
Everything Leads to You by Nina Lacour
My feelings for this book at this point is like this:

And that means I can not handle how much I think this book is amazing and beautiful and wonderful and I just love it too much.

I am also hoping to finish
Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins
and
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
I have been reading these for half a month and I need to finish them ASAP. I am loving both of these books, but I need to finish them sometime this month.

I also want to, and if I get the book I will, read and it is:
Four: A Divergent Story Collection by Veronica Roth

This is actually the only new release that is in my TBR, because I am now on a book-buying ban that restricts me from buying books EXCEPT for new releases by an author I like/sequels from a series when I've read the first book, books I receive for my birthday and Christmas, and books that I really need to school and such. I might go into more detail in a separate blog post but back to the book itself.
Even though I have completed the Divergent trilogy, I am counting this as part of a series completion because once I read and finish this, I will have completed the whole Divergent series.

I do have a whole lot more books for my TBR, but for now that's all I will say be enough right now.

What have you read in June, and what do you want to read in July?

No comments:

Post a Comment