Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Liebster Award: The Unexpected Sequel






So, after my first request I have been getting a lot to do this so I'm just going to do this and the three or four others that I have been nominated from (and also take a little bit of a break from reading from the booktube-a-thon even though I've only read like fifty pages today but shhh....), if you have been waiting a while for this I am terribly sorry, but I am doing it due to everyone ever nominating me, so here it is:

Rules:
Link back and thank the blogger who nominated you in your post.
List 11 facts about yourself.
Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
Pick 5-10 new bloggers (must have less than 200 followers) to nominate and ask them 11 new questions. Do not renominate the blogger that nominated you.
Go to each new blogger’s site and inform them of their nomination.

This time I am not nominating anyone because I want to try and get this done ASAP so, if you are reading this and want to do this and you have a book blog consider yourself nominated!

So, the eleven facts:
1. I am a Ravenclaw.
2. My top four favorite movies of all time would have to be Avengers, Catching Fire, Willy Wonka (the original, but I do really like the remake), and the first Pirates of the Caribbean.
3. If I was in the Divergent world, I would be an Erudite. But I would want to be in Dauntless.
4. I am listening to Everybody Wants to Rule the World by Lorde.
5. I am on a book-buying ban.
6. I love basically every color except for yellow.
7. My new favorite book of all time would have to be Everything Leads to You by Nina Lacour.
8. I know that I don't show it, but I am an avid writer and when I am not reading or being lazy or eating or playing video games or sleeping, I will be writing.
9. I would have to say my most anticipated release of the fall would have to be In the Afterlight by Alexandra Bracken.
10. If everything goes according to plan for how I will be reading for the rest of the year, I should be completing a total of seven series by the end of 2014.
11. We are going to start the questions now!

First off, we are going to go through time and space to find the blogger's I have missed question. The first one is @Craving Books, and here are the questions:


1. If you had to be the main character of a book, what genre would you want it to be?
Probably paranormal because I would get to do all sorts of things that I can't do in my mundane life.
2. Which character are you most alike?

I don't know. I think I would have to say Tessa Gray.
3. If you had the chance to slap one character, who would it be, and why?

America Singer. I don't think I need an explanation.
4. If you could revive one character, who would it be and why?

This one is going to be a spoiler, so if you HAVE READ Allegiant, highlight the following with your mouse. It would be Tris. I mean, how could it not be Tris because she is just so brave and smart and dauntless and she is a great role model.
5. What book really let you down?

I would have to say Gone by Michael Grant. I just found it to be really boring and the paranormal aspect to be a gimmick and also, the plot kind of reminds me of Under the Dome by Stephen King.
6. What is your favorite book-to-movie adaptation? And the one you dislike the most?

Favorite: Catching Fire. I mean, I can't not say Catching Fire and the Mockinjay teasers make me so freaking excited for the next installment.
7. What book would you want to be made into a movie/tv show?

If it was done right, The Selection would make a great television show.
8. Who is your favorite author, and why?

Cassandra Clare. Do I really need to explain? She's Cassandra Clare.
9. What is the book that made you cry the most?

I am not a book crier. So the only book that, to this has made me shed a couple of tears, is Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare.
10. What do you like to do when you read?

I like to listen to music or just focus on the book entirely.
11. Ebooks, Hardcovers or Paperbacks?

I don't really mind which format it's in, but I would have to say my favorite would be hardcovers.


We then have  @YA Bookaholic, so thank you for nominating me, and here are her questions that she has asked me:


1. If you could choose one book world to live in, which one would it be?
The Shadowhunter world because literally anything can happen in those books, and I would probably want to be a warlock.
2. What's next on your to read list?

I am currently reading Of Triton by Anna Banks, so afterward I will be reading Of Neptune, the third and final book in the series.
3. If you were stranded on a desert island and you could wish for one character to appear to give you company, who would it be?

I would say Galen from the Syrean Legacy because he could get me off the island and to land.
4. What is your favourite supernatural/fantasy creature, vampire, werewolf, dragons etc?

I would have to say dragons because they are so cool. I don't care about werewolves or mermaids too much, I do not like faeries, and I find vampires overrated and I also kind of fear zombies.
5. What is your most favourite item that you have?

I am paranoid so I will not say exactly what it is, but it is a necklace that I got last Christmas, and even though I don't have it on most of the time I love it so so much.
6. What is the last book to movie you have watched? Was it good?

Like, full on would have to be The Fault in Our Stars movie and yes, it was good. So so good, almost as good as Catching Fire, just below Catching Fire.
7. Have you ever met any authors?

I have met one, but I will not same the name because I am paranoid.
8. Best book you've read so far in 2014?

I would probably have to say 'Everything Leads to You' by Nina Lacour
9. What is the book you can't wait to read the most?

I don't know, I guess I can't wait to start reading Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge.
10. What is your favourite quote?

I have too many, so I will just say this one from The Fault in Our Stars: "That's the thing about pain: it demands to be felt."
11. What is the first book that comes to your mind?

Of Triton by Anna Banks, probably because I am currently reading it.


Next, we Laura @ Blue Eye Books, so thank you for the nomination and here are the questions:

1.  What are your favorite genre's?
Paranormal, fantasy, contemporary, dystopian, any of those.
2.  What is one food you absolutely hate and will never willingly eat it again in your life?
Seafood. I just, I do not like seafood at all. It is kind of ironic because I love to swim, but I don't care. 3.  Has an amazing book been ruined for you just because of a bad ending?
I don't think so if I'm going to be honest. 4.  What book/series are you most ashamed that you haven't read yet?
The Harry Potter series. I have read the first three so I still have four books left. Next question. 5.  Have you ever solved a Rubik's cube?
Actually no. Probably because I don't own one. 6.  What is the craziest food you have ever eaten?
I do not know. I am so sorry for the worst answer evar. 7.  Which do you like better?  Warm or cold weather?
I don't know, I really like both weathers. If I had to pick one I would say cold because hot weather makes you sweat and there are bugs everywhere when the weather is hot so no, just no. 8.  If you had to choose between being forever blind or forever deaf, which would you choose?
Forever deaf because I losing your sight is one of the worst possible things I could imagine. 9.  Paperback, hardcover, or ebook?
I like any format of a book, if it is a big book I would prefer paperback or ebook. but hardcovers are so beautiful. 10.  What is the last song you've had on repeat you loved it so much?
It's actually the song I am listening to right now and the one I mentioned in my facts and it is 'Everybody Want to Rule the World' by Lorde. 11.  Have you ever read a book that is widely hated but you loved it or vice versa?  If so, what book?
I would personally say 'Gone' Michael Grant, I just did not like that book a whole lot and yet everybody loves it.


Lastly, I have questions from my good friend Rachel @A Perfection Called Books, and let's answer her questions:


1. If you could marry any YA character, who would it be?
Anyone who knows me should already know it is Jem Carstairs. Like, Jem is just so sweet and kind and loveable and he's Jem Carstairs and how could you not love him?!
2. Why did you start book blogging?
So, I decided to do it because I really wanted to talk about something I loved, which is talking about books, and I knew that I could not make a booktube channel for reasons I won't talk about, so this was my only alternative.
3. What is the first YA book you read? 
The Hunger Games by Suzzanne Collins, which I read because of the movie. Boom.
4. Favorite author?
Cassandra Clare. Like, I don't know any other that comes to mind. But if you want one that you probably have not already read, I would say Alexandra Bracken or Marie Lu.
5. Favorite tv show? 
I have not seen any recent/new TV shows in 5ever, but I do have a favorite. But I will not say it because it is, I will admit it, probably the stupidest show of all time and also it is an old show, like it ended two and a half years ago, and also nobody will know what I am talking about. If you are that curious, send me a PM and I will tell you.
6. Favorite food?
Pasta, chicken, gravy...I guess anything, but I'm just going to cheat and say my favorite quisene (I swear I do not know how to spell that) and it is Italian, I just love everything and anything Italian.
7. iPad or Kindle?
I haven't really used either, but I do want to have a kindle someday.
8. Favorite chocolate?
M&Ms, I just don't know how to explain my love for them because they are so amazing.
9. What are your hobbies? (Besides reading, of course) 
Writing, being lazy, playing video games, and sleeping. Also eating. I know, I am so impressive.
10. Favorite classic? 

I have read like no classics, but I would say Harry Potter because it is considered a classic so there.


So if you read all this, thank you so much and I'll see you with my Booktube-a-Thon update post!



No comments:

Post a Comment